Why Nails?

For 40 odd years I have been a dedicated nail biter, then I just up and quit. Now I am obsessed with nails, and polish and all that lovely stuff.So this is just a blog about my nails, a record of the mani's I do, and maybe some cool stuff I find elsewhere.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

End of Term Crafty Tips...

Yay! last exam done, last essay in, only the exit interviews to go and ...........summer. Well they call it summer its not been too great so far, not just flooded cuticles round here, the rain has been endless.
I celebrated in my usual Wednesday style, hit the shops. First was for Models own and  a nice little Revlon in the search for the perfect green, still not found it. Didn't come away empty handed though, and then headed to Sally's for a hair colour, and of course they had a half price sale on China Glaze, typical.
Now my local Sally's is small, and their range is a tad 'spare' to say the least, but at £3.96 a bottle I had to employ much restraint and only bought one. More of that later this week maybe.
Today we have these:


'Oh Gods' I hear you say, not another gold, well sort of ( and I LIKE golds!) this is Models own Copper Pot, and it is a gold, but with a coppery/yellowy/green tinge , hard to see here, great in sunlight . The tips are a microfine black craft glitter I picked up a big tub of in a craft shop, usually used for card decorating. I use the tip and dip method with a top coat, then float Seche Vite over the top when its dry. It's a very hungry glitter so I only bother with one coat to seal it, and this bonds it but leaves it matte. I love the tiny coloured sparkles in the black base.

No comments:

Post a Comment