Why Nails?

For 40 odd years I have been a dedicated nail biter, then I just up and quit. Now I am obsessed with nails, and polish and all that lovely stuff.So this is just a blog about my nails, a record of the mani's I do, and maybe some cool stuff I find elsewhere.

Monday 21 May 2012

Completely Dotty

I fancied a bit of monochrome fun this week, so by bypassing some nice new glitters on my shelf, I headed for white base. I hate white, never yet found one that covers well, Models Own white of which I own 2 bottles ( don't ask, it is useful for water marbling at least) is appalling and takes at least 3 coats to reach opacity, its gloopy and patchy and ...well nuff said.
BarryM mat white is only slightly better, 2 coats to achieve anything workable, but slow to dry , so I slapped a coat of Rimmel matte finish over it, and got my dotting tools out.Dotting covers a multitude of sins in the white finish :D


No comments:

Post a Comment