Why Nails?

For 40 odd years I have been a dedicated nail biter, then I just up and quit. Now I am obsessed with nails, and polish and all that lovely stuff.So this is just a blog about my nails, a record of the mani's I do, and maybe some cool stuff I find elsewhere.

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Top Coat Challenge

Yes, again today no mani! shocked? I am but that doesn't mean I don't have a post and some pictures. The pictures are of the same mani...and before you ask I haven't been drinking the varnish thinner.
My Boots advantage card finally turned up today, and I had a shedload of points to go on it, I was going to be really good and not buy any varnish as part of the reason I have not done a new mani yet is the fact that I am awaiting goodies in the post, delayed by the miserable Bank Holiday we just had.
So there I am with money on my card and good intentions, and then I spotted something I didn't realise you could get in this country...Seche Vite!  and at £9 a pop I am not sure I am happy about it, cos that is kicking the arse out of it price wise for something I get through gallons of..topcoat.
But hey, the points were found money so I figured at least try it out and see what all the fuss is about.
Now I was at college in the library on a computer, and boy are they serious about no spillables near the hardware, but I could not resist a sneak preview, so I opened the bottle and did my pinky nail, nearly got caught cos it is not without a certain pungent odour, nothing nasty, just strongish, but it quickly dissipated.
Boy this stuff dries fast, now admittedly the mani was done two days ago so was well set and very hard, but the Seche Vite dried in literally seconds, and shiney, its really glossy and shiney :D ok so what? its shiny, it is shinier than my normal, not that cheap, cheapy topcoat, I mean I use a LOT of topcoat changing my mani daily, so I figure lets test the Seche Vite's other properties, durability, non-chipping etc etc...so the mani stays, all nails bar one got a coat, I left one as a test nail with just the old topcoat on. Now as usual the sun went in at photo time, so it may be hard to tell from the photos, but can you tell which nail doesn't have a coat? I can definitely tell the difference close up, but not sure that alone can justify the £9 a bottle, we shall see.

I will test this for a few days for durability, then use it on a plain mani to see if I cant show off the shiney a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment