Why Nails?

For 40 odd years I have been a dedicated nail biter, then I just up and quit. Now I am obsessed with nails, and polish and all that lovely stuff.So this is just a blog about my nails, a record of the mani's I do, and maybe some cool stuff I find elsewhere.

Sunday 6 May 2012

Catch Up

 This one was foil, its called elven green and is a nice green/gold smudgy look, the tips are done with one of my favorite Foil polishes, Cuter Pewter by Models Own.
 I cant recall which lilac this was, ver possible a Beauty UK one called Soft Lilac No59 because thats the one I use for water marbling pastels.The white lace is down with a Nailstar nail art pen ( I treated myself to a set of 60 colours.....well I did SAY it was an obsession!)

 The base on this is one of my very favorite colours by Models Own 'Mystic Mauve' half zebras done with nail art pens.
 Now I am not a big fan of Blue, and yet a seem to own a lot of them base is Models Own 'Feeling Blue' abstracts with nail art pens, topped off with Models Own 'Bluebell' glittery coat.
 I had been meaning to try this one for a while, however, although it came out very wel, I dont like it, its too fussy for me and takes too long to do each nail.
 Animal prints YEAH BABY! love these, Base coat is the love Models Own 'Mystic Mauve' foil polish, pens for the print, and Beauty UK 'Soft Lilac' for the spots.
 Ok , now I LOVE water marble effect, but we all know its a messy old business doing it, and pastels are nos SO last week, this is a fave effect though, Beauty UK 'Voodoo' and Models Own 'Cuter Pewter' base and in the mix.The great thing about some foils is they dissipate so well in water, leaving the red 'jelly' looking as if its the only colour there.

 I adore matte finishes, I use Rimmels matte top coat so I can apply it on any colour I own, It dries quick and goes totally matte not satin.Great over glitters too.

 Sigh, loving the gold foils as usual, this is a Models Own Pro 'Golden Globe' a more orange gold than my usual.
 Sometimes I just like to funk it up, Deadpool and anarchy on one hand? OH YEAH!
Do you remember back when BarryM first came out? I do, they were considered cheap and nasty, I loved them. well they are still inexpensive, but...oh boy the colours, this is BarryM 'Navy' , its lush , iridescent, and oh my word is it glossy, perfect for this Ruffian mani, combined with Models Own 'Sterling Silver' foil polish.
I am not a BIG glitter fan, I prefer foils and Holo's, but this is 'DiscoMix' Hedkandi by Models Own and I couldn't resist it, it's laid on over a base coat of BarryM Limited Edition Effects 'Lilac Foil' and then a matte top coat leaving the tips free to glitter. 24 hours later despite ts perfect look I was swearing at it as I attempted to remove it .

No comments:

Post a Comment