Why Nails?

For 40 odd years I have been a dedicated nail biter, then I just up and quit. Now I am obsessed with nails, and polish and all that lovely stuff.So this is just a blog about my nails, a record of the mani's I do, and maybe some cool stuff I find elsewhere.

Thursday 10 May 2012

FrankenFingers

Last night was a polish heavy event due to all the new goodies so I figured today's mani should be something nice and simple.....yeah right!
When I was a pre-teen many many years ago I remember mixing nail polishes together to get a new colour, it's been a while. Apparently it has a name now , Frankenpolish, quite apt when I think back to some of the muddy monsters I created back then!
Over the years in between bite-fests I have still on occasion mixed colours, usually in my search for the elusive perfect blood red, but not been very adventurous really....until Foil effects, boy are they fun to mix up with other colours, and Holo's and glitters and all things shiny...phew nearly needed a lie down then.

I may have mentioned in passing that I love Models Own/Pro foil effect polishes, and Gold Rush was sitting there tempting me this morning, whilst China Glaze Watermelon Rind was purring softly in the background ( although that may have been one of my cats), so I thought 'why not? time for a wedding'. Now another good reason for keeping a nail blog is pictorial evidence of the mix and the proportions, so.....


The mix here is one coat, 4:1 Gold Rush to watermelon Rind
Two coats of the same, loved the colour but still too gold not enough green so I changed the mix.

This mix is 3:1 Gold Rush to Watermelon Rind

Perfection! hard to show without direct sunlight ( because its spring so its grey and raining again), but the darker it is the greener it is, then flashes gold in natural light.. I am liking it a lot.
I top coated with Seche Vite, which is growing on me not least because it dries so fast.
This one SHALL pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment